Friday 16 July 2010

Money Can Buy Happiness



This topic might lead to disagreement to those who believe that money CAN NOT buy happiness. But not to worry because I am writing this entry just to share my own thoughts and opinions about the correlation between money and happiness and not to condemn anyone who has different views as mine.

Money and Happiness are two different yet vital elements in our lives. If you were given a chance to choose either Money or Happiness, what will be your choice? As for me, I would choose Money over Happiness. It sounds materialistic, right? But let me share with you the reasons behind my choice = M.O.N.E.Y.

Money is an essential life tool nowadays. We need money everywhere we go. We need money for petrol to run the car or for public transportation; paying the tolls (especially in KL); buying groceries for daily purposes; and even 20 cents for public toilet! This is not to mention the need of money to fulfill our basic needs such as food, clothes, bills etc. We have to pay for everything we need. This phenomenon is happening everywhere (but not to everyone I suppose) and we have to face it whether we like it or not in order to survive. To be frank, I can not be happy without money but what I would like to share here is that of course happiness is crucial but money is one of the key factors that will lead to happiness. We just have to clarify the amount of money that we need in order to survive in our daily lives.

I was a spendthrift before. I did not know how to control my money wisely. For instance, there was once during my study time when I have had shortened of pocket money for that particular week as the money given by my dad was spent for shopping. I was afraid to ask for my dad's money again as he had given me such an amount a week before. I was unhappy and stressed out. I had to control my meals (even though I was not on diet) so that I could survive for another two weeks at least for the next pocket money. I had misused the money given to me for unnecessary shopping and I have learned a lot from it. So what did I do to overcome the situation during that time then? I found fasting as the best solution to overcome my hunger.

Now I realize that the amount of money spent can somehow affect my own happiness. But after all, it depends on how well we manage our money and how grateful we are for the rezeki that Allah has given to us. So, let us pray that Allah will grant us with good health and wealth so that we can achieve the level of happiness that we always wanted in our lives.

Tips of the day:
  • Setiap pagi, lakukanlah Solat Dhuha (2 raka’at) dalam pukul 8 pagi hingga 10 pagi. Yang penting sebelum Zohor. Ibu cakap, baca ayat ringkas pun tak apa asalkan buat. Raka’at pertama: Surah Al-Kafirun, Raka’at Kedua: Surah Al-Ikhlas. Masa sujud terakhir, baca “Ya Wahhab” sebanyak 40 kali, lagi bagus 100 kali. Selesai solat, doa kepada Allah minta dilimpahkan rezeki yang HALAL kepada kita. Insya Allah... =)
  • Selepas solat, bagi sesiapa yang tak ada kerja nak buat, bacalah Surah Al-Waqi’ah (1 kali pun sudah kira bagus). =)


Spend our money wisely!

The end. Thank you! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment